Tuesday, February 7, 2012

une vraie française

+jmj+

Galavanting around Paris this past weekend was absolutely lovely. I wasn't in a rush to do anything, which is such a great feeling. Knowing that I can enjoy this city, one of my absolute favorites in the whole world, without running around on a schedule, being a tourist, taking in as much as possible in as little time as possible, is such a great feeling. I still have not gotten over how blessed I am to be able to do this!

Possibly one of the most exciting parts of the day was that I got to feel like a true French woman. You see, throughout the day, three people stopped to ask me for directions, and two tourists asked me to take their picture. To me, these simple requests meant that I looked like I knew what I was doing, like I belonged there. I took it as a really great compliment that, to these strangers, I looked like a Parisian! And one that they could trust for directions, for that matter! Each of these encounters quickened my step and widened my smile :)

pax christi.

No comments:

Post a Comment