Thursday, February 9, 2012

rapping frenchies

+jmj+

Today, one of my students rapped in class for us all. He completely surprised me--I thought he would be nervous or timid, but he gladly got up and started his little rap! It was in French, and it was a song that he copied from the internet. When I asked him about it, he explained that, at lunch, one of the kids brings his cell phone (these kids are 8, but that's a whole other issue...) to play a beat, and they rap together. I thought it was pretty cool, and the song they are currently rapping (the one he sang in class), has a pretty decent message. Clean, French rap.

"Au fond j'crois qu'la terre est ronde, pour une seule bonne raison...après avoir fait l'tour du monde, tout c'qu'on veut c'est être à la maison"

Translation: At the end of the day, I believe that the earth is round, for one good reason...after traveling the world, all we want is to be at home.

I like this message. It's very true :)

pax christi.

No comments:

Post a Comment