Tuesday, January 3, 2012

i'm back!

+jmj+

I'm back in Evreux! And I barely remember yesterday. I was so exhausted, but I somehow fought through my fatigue to navigate myself home from the airport. A day later, I am still bone-tired, jet-lagged, and fighting through a day of school. But it is great being back in France yet again, as much as I loved being home.

My little vacation in Chicago was fabulous. Lots of family, friends, food, and Americana to hold me over for the next four months! I ate at Chipotle four times, enjoyed Starbucks and trips to Target almost everyday, spoke English pretty much exclusively, and basically just savored every little bit about America that I love, and that I miss when I'm in France. To most people, these little luxuries are hardly given a second thought. These things are so normal in American life, but they hardly exist in France. It's just different, but it's also so comforting to come home to the little things.

Here is a bit of what my two weeks at home looked like:









I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I had hoped. Instead, I have plenty of memories and mental snapshots of everything I did! Those two weeks were full of seeing my beautiful family, and the ones who feel like family :)

Though I have a lot to look forward to coming home again in May (ordinations, graduations, weddings!), I still also have four more months to live this blessed life in France!

pax christi.

No comments:

Post a Comment