Wednesday, January 18, 2012

a french haircut!

+jmj+

That was one of the best experiences of my life. And that is only a slight exaggeration. I am still a bit in shock of how much I enjoyed that haircut, and how pleasant of an experience that was.

So I was quite nervous leading up to the big show. I researched all of the particular words I needed to know, rehearsed exactly what I wanted, and kept reminding myself how cool it would be to say I got a haircut in France, but I still had the jitters. A French friend recommended a salon to me, and even a stylist, so all I had to do was walk in, ask for an appointment, and pray for the best!

It turns out, I had absolutely nothing to be worried about! For starters, my stylist, Michel, was awesome. It was the first time I had gotten my hair cut by a man, and he was wonderful. He started with a little consultation, and listened to what I wanted and gave some of his expert advice. Then he washed my hair. That was by far my favorite part of the whole experience. It was more of a scalp massage than a hair-washing. Oh. My. Goodness.

So then he worked his magic, we chatted about France & America, and he finished the show by SCULPTING my hair. He literally sculpted it. He even used that word. I was watching an artist at work, and it was so cool to see it all in the mirror--and that he was doing that to my hair! I told him that if he ever opened a salon in Chicago, I'd be his first customer. And I was not joking!

When can I go back?!

pax christi.

No comments:

Post a Comment