Saturday, November 26, 2011

thankfulness

+jmj+

I'm thankful for turkey,
I'm thankful for yams,
I'm thankful for cranberries,
biscuits, and ham.

I'm thankful for pumpkins,
I'm thankful for cheese,
I'm thankful for gravy,
potatoes, and peas.

This is the Thanksgiving poem I taught most of my students, and though I'm not particularly thankful for turkey or ham, I do have quite a list of my own "I'm thankful for"s. I know Thanksgiving was a few days ago, but there is too much to be thankful for to just dedicate one single day to gratitude!

This year has, yet again, been filled with some incredible blessings. I kept it simple and told my kids that I was thankful for my family & my friends because they understand those words (for the most part...), but it is so true. I have an incredible family and dear friends, and I wouldn't be able to be here if it weren't for their love, support, and prayers. There really isn't anything I am more thankful for than them.

I am also so thankful for my faith. God has led me to Evreux, and I have been so abundantly blessed here. If it weren't for my faith, I would not have the wonderful, welcoming Catholic community that I have here. I would not have met the friends that I have, and I would not have had all the experiences that I have. I am so thankful for all of these things, and I truly owe it all to the Lord. I know that, because I stay close to Him, in prayer and in my everyday life, He has taken care of me in everything. I pray that for us all :) And I am blessed to be able to look upon all that I am thankful for with a grateful, humble heart.

pax christi.

No comments:

Post a Comment