Thursday, November 17, 2011

some beauty, brought to you by the letter "w"

+jmj+

I was blessed with this beautiful view on my walk back from school today :)


I was walking on the bridge that crosses the train tracks on my way home from one of my schools this afternoon, and I turned the corner to see this beautiful sun behind the hill and trees. The weather lately has been beautiful. Some cloudy days, but they have been scattered amidst perfect fall weather with the sun shining and a chill in the air, with the wind gently blowing falling leaves around. So beautiful! I had to stop and take a picture, even with the snobby teenagers walking home from school around me. Even this little perspective made me fall in love with Evreux yet again! I'm praying this weather lasts :)

On an unrelated note, I noticed today a general love among all of my students for the letter "w". I have been working on the alphabet with them all for the past two weeks. I have some kids who still don't know the letter "a", who perpetually confuse "g" and "j", who consistently add numbers to the alphabet...but without fail, every single kid knows the letter "w"! And they love saying it! It's the funniest thing. I would never have guess that this letter would cause so much joy among these little French kids!

more sun :)

pax christi.

No comments:

Post a Comment