Tuesday, November 29, 2011

my kids!

+jmj+

my borrowed French peasant nativity :)

Teaching over 200 little French kids English isn't always easy. It gets pretty frustrating knowing that my students don't understand 87% of everything that I say to them.

But almost every day, I have little rewarding moments that make it all worth it. 

Today I had an extended lunch because the class that I normally work with after lunch was going to a play in the afternoon. So I was already happy to have that extra break. When I got back to school, the kids were at recess and, immediately upon seeing me coming, a big group of kids ran up to me and started bombarding me with questions about Christmas! Every question began with "In your country, do you...". And they still get really confused about America vs. England; they sometimes don't understand that the culture is different. They asked about Christmas pudding, Santa Claus, Christmas crackers, turkey, if kids get presents. And I'm sure they have even more--I had to go inside to prepare for class. It was really sweet to see the kids so excited to interrogate me! And I was so happy to talk about one of my favorite subjects in the whole wide world!

the courtyard of the Cathedral, lit up at night. so beautiful
pax christi.

No comments:

Post a Comment