Wednesday, April 4, 2012

sunsets and holy week.

+jmj+

the sunset from my apartment

Yesterday was the Chrism Mass at the Cathedral. This important Mass, taking place within Holy Week in all dioceses around the world, is when all the holy oils are consecrated for the year. It was a beautiful Mass, with nearly all of the priests from the diocese concelebrating with the Bishop. I sang in the choir and it was just lovely.

Holy Week is about half-over already, and I am getting ready to celebrate Easter in Rome! I leave on Saturday morning and will be there until Monday evening. It will be a quick pilgrimage, but I get to celebrate the Resurrection with thousands of Catholics from around the world, with Pope Benedict! It will be incredible, and very, very prayerful.

pax christi.

No comments:

Post a Comment